Benefits of Membership
At the local, state
and national levels, your membership provides
- Continuing Education - Grow professionally and stay
current with the latest clinical advances through component sponsored
continuing education, seminars and study clubs.
- Peer Review - The peer review and mediation system
helps members avoid costly litigation through peer resolution of disputes
with patients or third party payers.
- Monthly Exchange with Colleagues - Meet your peers,
exchange ideas and share fellowship during monthly component meetings
and social functions.
- Community Relations - Participate in programs such
as Children's Dental Health Month, Senior Smile Week, low income health
clinics and health fairs to benefit those who rely on your professional
- Get Involved: Be a Leader - Serve on local and state
committees that interest you and provide opportunities to develop your
- Professionally Staffed Central Office - Connect with
MDA's staff with a toll-free (800/257-4988) call for help on regulations,
practice management, reimbursement and other concerns affecting your
- Legislative Representation - MDA is your voice on
dental issues in Montana government. MDA lobbyists are proactive at
the Legislature, Board of Dentistry and other regulatory bodies.
- Direct Reimbursement - MDA is coordinating an all-out
campaign to make direct reimbursement a reality for Montana employers,
which will preserve fee-for-service dentistry and enhance employee dental
- Education Materials - MDA's audio-visual library
is an excellent source of video tapes, brochures and other materials
for you, your patients, staff and schools.
- Publications - MDA brings you current, Montana information
on dentistry through the MDA News, legislative updates
and the annual MDA Directory of Members & Dental Resource Guide.
- Insurance and Financial Services - Participate in
MDA's group health insurance plan, disability insurance, professional
liability insurance and in MDA-endorsed credit card services and Gold
- Peer Review - MDA coordinates this statewide program.
- Annual Session - An affordable way to learn from
top clinicians and speakers, view the latest products and services and
meet your peers from around the state.
- Continuing Education - Attend MDA-sponsored CE programs,
held conveniently throughout the state during the year.
- ADA's Toll-free Number and ADA ONLINE - Access ADA's
numerous resources through toll-free, members-only number (800/621-8099)
or on the Internet (http://www.ada.org).
- Practice Management - Protect your patient base and
attract new patients while strengthening your management skills through
the use of ADA publications and seminars.
- Legal Affairs - Obtain up-to-date legal information
regarding OSHA regulations, AIDS-related issues, antitrust law, HIPAA
other federal law issues and insurance contract analysis.
- Advocacy - Support the "voice of the dental
profession" - your voice in Congress - now addressing critical
issues such as regulatory reform, OSHA, health system reform, DEA and
National Practitioners' Data Bank regulations.
- ADA's Annual Session - The nation's premier dental
meeting and your opportunity to meet your colleagues from around the
country, fulfill CE needs and view clinical and technical advances from
around the world.
- Publications - Learn about clinical procedures and
methodologies, scientific developments, and news of important events
concerning the dental community through The Journal of the American
Dental Association and the ADA News.
- ADA Library - Enjoy full privileges, including mail
order and photocopy services at the most complete facility of its kind
in the world.
Montana Dental Association
P.O. Box 1154
Helena, Montana 59624
800-257-4988 (In Montana only)
406-443-2061 (in the Helena area)
Copyright © Montana Dental Association, 1998-2004
Contact us with questions or comments
about this site.